Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rain, rain go away. Really. We mean it!

Okay, we are not flooded like our neighbors to the east. But Tropical Storm Fay is dumping tons and tons of rain on us. As I was leaving work, I felt like I was in some comedy scene from a movie -- it was raining so hard my umbrella was flipped inside out and pulled behind me. So of course, I got soaked. Plus, the water in the lot was up to my ankles in places.

The grass in our yard is like a sponge, there is water standing on our front walkway and it just keeps coming down. It has been raining on and off since Monday and seemingly non-stop for the last 24 hours. In one town, officials said it got as much rain in one day as it usually gets in six months. This is nuts.

We just got an automated call tonight (at 9:30 p.m., mind you) from the school district that schools are now closed tomorrow because of flooding and power outages. They were closed Tuesday, too. Ugh. Nothing stresses out two-working-parent families than unexpected school closures (And thanks M. for that phone call offering to help. So appreciated).

Plus, everyone is getting stir crazy. The kids haven't been able to play outside. I haven't been able to walk with D.

Go away Fay. Far away.

No comments: